SETUP PRIVATE LIMITED COMANY IN BAHRAIN
Are you planning to set up a private limited company in Bahrain? If so, then the Helpline Group is ready for you.
If you are an entrepreneur looking for a favorable business environment to start a private limited company, you might want to consider Bahrain. A private limited company is a legal entity that protects its shareholders from personal liability and has its own identity separate from its owners.
Requirements for Private Limited Company Registration in Bahrain
To register a private limited company in Bahrain, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Share capital: The minimum share capital for a private limited company is 50 Bahraini dinars (BHD), which is equivalent to about 133 US dollars. The share capital can be divided into shares of any value and can be paid in cash or in kind.
- Shareholders: A private limited company can have between two and 50 shareholders, who can be natural or legal persons of any nationality. However, at least one shareholder must be a resident of Bahrain or hold a valid residence permit.
- Directors: A private limited company must have at least one director, who can be a shareholder or an outsider. The director can be of any nationality and does not need to reside in Bahrain. However, if the director is not a shareholder, he or she must obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Labor.
- Company name: A private limited company must have a unique name that ends with the words “Private Limited Company” or “W.L.L.” (which stands for “With Limited Liability” in Arabic). The name must not be misleading, offensive, or identical to an existing company name in Bahrain.
- Registered office: A private limited company must have a registered office address in Bahrain where it can receive official correspondence and notices. The registered office can be a physical or virtual office.
Steps to Set Up Private Limited Company in Bahrain
The process of setting up a private limited company in Bahrain involves the following steps:
- Choose a company name and reserve it online with the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, and Tourism (MOICT).
- Prepare the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company, which are the documents that define the company’s objectives, structure, and rules. The documents must be signed by all shareholders and notarized by a public notary.
- Submit the application for company registration with Helpline Group. Make sure to include the following documents with your application:
- A copy of the reserved company name certificate
- A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- A copy of the identity documents of all shareholders and directors
- A copy of the lease agreement or proof of ownership of the registered office
- A bank certificate confirming the deposit of the share capital
- A letter from an auditor confirming the appointment of an external auditor for the company
- Pay the registration fees. The fees vary depending on the type and size of the company.
- Receive the certificate of incorporation from the MOICT within one to two weeks after submitting the application. Bear in mind that the certificate is valid only for one year. You need to renew it annually.
- Register with the Ministry of Labor for social insurance contributions and obtain a labor card for each employee.
- Register with the National Bureau for Revenue (NBR) for VAT purposes and obtain a VAT number.
Why choose Helpline Group?
We at Helpline Group are one of the top company formation service providers in Bahrain. We provide you with all the necessary steps you need to successfully start a company in Bahrain. If you are planning to set up a private limited company in Bahrain, we are there for you.
With more than 25 years in this industry, we can handle any complex procedures with absolute ease. Our staff is professional and has expertise in the field. We provide 24/7 customer service and can help you anytime, anywhere.
Want to know more?
Feel free to call us at Mob: (+973) – 39 413 777 or Tel: (+973) – 17 413 777.